SciPlay Corporation’s $100 Million Acquisition of Alictus

Dechert advised SciPlay Corporation in the transaction.

SciPlay Corporation announced its acquisition of Alictus, a global developer and publisher of popular, casual mobile games in an all-cash transaction.

SciPlay is acquiring 80% of Alictus for US$100 million in a cash payment that is not subject to financing. Over the next five years, SciPlay will acquire the remaining 20% of Alictus in equal installments, which will range from, in aggregate, US$0 to US$200 million, with valuations based on specific revenue and profitability targets.

SciPlay is a leading developer and publisher of digital games on mobile and web platforms. In addition to developing original games, SciPlay has access to a library of more than 1,500 real-world slot and table games provided by Scientific Games Corporation and its subsidiaries.

The Dechert team that advised SciPlay included corporate partners Stephen Pratt (Picture) and Jonathan Kim, counsel James Stonehill, and associates Stephanie Haas, Ranjini Ramesh, Jonathan Burke and Ji Hong Park; tax partner David Passey and associate Insung Kim; antitrust partners James Fishkin and Clemens York, counsels Beverly Ang and Michael Okkonen and associate Delphine Strohl; intellectual property partner Thomas Rayski and associate Spencer Joffrion; international trade partner Darshak Dholakia; privacy & cybersecurity partner Karen Neuman and associates Michael Tierney and Colleen Hespeler; employee benefits partner David Jones and associate Jake Phillips; real estate special counsel Francois Quintard-Morenas; labor partner Ian Downes; and environmental special counsel John Ix.

Involved fees earner: Beverly Ang – Dechert; Jonathan Burke – Dechert; Darshak Dholakia – Dechert; Ian Downes – Dechert; James Fishkin – Dechert; Stephanie Haas – Dechert; Colleen Hespeler – Dechert; John Ix – Dechert; Spencer Joffrion – Dechert; David Jones – Dechert; Jonathan Kim – Dechert; Insung Kim – Dechert; Karen Neuman – Dechert; Michael Okkonen – Dechert; Ji Hong Park – Dechert; Jake Phillips – Dechert; Stephen Pratt – Dechert; Francois Quintard-Morenas – Dechert; Ranjini Ramesh – Dechert; Thomas Rayski – Dechert; James Stonehill – Dechert; Delphine Strohl – Dechert; Michael Tierney – Dechert; Clemens York von Wartenburg – Dechert; David Passey – Schulte Roth & Zabel;

Law Firms: Dechert; Schulte Roth & Zabel;

Clients: SciPlay Corporation;