Itaú Unibanco’s $117 Million Acquisition of IdealItaú Unibanco’s $117 Million Acquisition of Ideal

Bronstein, Zilberberg, Chueiri e Potenza advised Kaszek (one of the sellers) on the deal.
Pinheiro Neto advised Ideal on the deal.

Itaú Unibanco executed the acquisition of a stake in Ideal, a 100% digital and cloud-based brokerage company created in 2019 and one of the leaders in traded volume – both for spot and futures markets – on B3, the Brazilian stock market.

The complete purchase will be carried out in two stages. First, Itaú Unibanco acquires 50.1% of the share capital of Ideal through a primary contribution and a secondary acquisition of shares, adding up to BRL 651.3 million, taking control of the company. In the second stage, after five years, the bank can use its right to purchase the remaining 49.9% of the company’s share capital.

The completion of the operation is subject to the approvals of the competent regulatory authorities (CADE and Banco Central).

Bronstein, Zilberberg, Chueiri e Potenza advised Kaszek on the transaction with a team including Eduardo Zilberberg (Picture), Priscila Menezes and Paloma Batt 

Pinheiro Neto advised IIdeal with a team including Joamir Müller Romiti Alves, Caroline Rodrigues Ogata and Otavio Bastos Moherdaui.

Involved fees earner: Paloma Batt – Bronstein, Zilberberg, Chueiri & Potenza Advogados; Priscila Gurgel Menezes – Bronstein, Zilberberg, Chueiri & Potenza Advogados; Eduardo Zilberberg – Bronstein, Zilberberg, Chueiri & Potenza Advogados; Otavio Bastos Moherdaui – Pinheiro Neto; Caroline Rodrigues Ogata – Pinheiro Neto; Joamir Muller Romiti Alves – Pinheiro Neto;

Law Firms: Bronstein, Zilberberg, Chueiri & Potenza Advogados; Pinheiro Neto;

Clients: IIdeal; Kaszek Venture;

Avatar

Author: Ambrogio Visconti