GE India Energy Investments BV’s Convertible Instruments Offering

Trilegal represented GE India Energy Investments B.V. on the deal.

GE India Energy Investments B.V. executed an investment in convertible instruments issued by Morjar Windfarm Development Private Limited. Post the investment, GE is expected to hold approximately 49% stake in MWDPL on a fully diluted basis. The remaining 51% stake will continue to be indirectly owned by a global infrastructure fund managed by Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Inc.

MWDPL is developing a 148.5-MW onshore wind power generation project (comprising 55 x GE Renewable Energy’s 2.7-MW onshore wind turbines) in Kutch, Gujarat, which is to be connected to the Bhuj-II substation owned and operated by the Power Grid Corporation of India Limited.

The Trilegal team was led by our Partners Vaibhav Kothari (Picture), Nayantara Nag (Projects) and Rahul Arora (Real Estate). Other attorneys who assisted the deal were Hema Priyadarshini Patnaik and Riyaz Bhagat, Counsels; Anirudh Banga, Kriti Tuteja and Ruhani Khanna, Senior Associates; and Pranav Butalia, Associate.

Involved fees earner: Rahul Arora – Trilegal; Anirudh Banga – Trilegal; Riyaz Bhagat – Trilegal; Pranav Butalia – Trilegal; Ruhani Khanna – Trilegal; Vaibhav Kothari – Trilegal; Nayantara Nag – Trilegal; Hema Patnaik – Trilegal; Kriti Tuteja – Trilegal;

Law Firms: Trilegal;

Clients: GE India Energy Investments;