Schneider Electric’s Acquisition of an 80% Controlling Stake in Operation Technology / ETAP Automation


Debevoise & Plimpton LLP advised Schneider Electric in the transaction.

Schneider Electric executed its acquisition of an 80% controlling stake in Operation Technology Inc./ETAP Automation Inc., the leading software platform for electrical power systems modeling and simulation, including an agreement to acquire the remaining 20% in 2025.

Schneider Electric SE manufactures electrical power products. Schneider’s purpose is to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all.

The Debevoise team was led by M&A partner Paul Bird (Picture) and includes associates Mihai Chitulescu, Carolina de Barros, Jennifer Barrows and Spencer Gilbert, benefits partner Jonathan Lewis and associates Jeri Brown, Zain Kazmi and Wendy Wildman, tax partner Gary Friedman and associate Lillian Aston, data strategy and security partner Luke Dembosky, intellectual property counsel Judith Church and associate Melody Godbolt and real estate partner Edward Rishty and associates Brooke Fodor and Ruth Fruchter.

Involved fees earner: Jennifer Barrows – Debevoise & Plimpton; Paul Bird – Debevoise & Plimpton; Mihai Chitulescu – Debevoise & Plimpton; Judith Church – Debevoise & Plimpton; Carolina de Barros – Debevoise & Plimpton; Luke Dembosky – Debevoise & Plimpton; Brooke Fodor – Debevoise & Plimpton; Gary Friedman – Debevoise & Plimpton; Ruth Fruchter – Debevoise & Plimpton; Spencer Gilbert – Debevoise & Plimpton; Melody Godbolt – Debevoise & Plimpton; Lillian Jo Aston – Debevoise & Plimpton; Zain Kazmi – Debevoise & Plimpton; Jonathan Lewis – Debevoise & Plimpton; Edward Rishty – Debevoise & Plimpton; Wendy Wildman – Debevoise & Plimpton;

Law Firms: Debevoise & Plimpton;

Clients: Schneider Electric;

Avatar

Author: Ambrogio Visconti